Sunday 1 March 2015

Up and Coming Pop Punk Bands | London Eyes


Today for our up and coming pop punk bands post, we're bringing to you London Eyes who hail from the USA. The band have just released their new EP 'Habits', a five track EP filled with enchanting riffs and powerful, captivating vocals. The EP was produced and mixed by Rob Freeman (Hit the Lights, Armor For Sleep) and mastered by Dan Coutant. If you're a fan of bands like Tonight Alive, Set It Off or Mayday Parade definitely check these guys out...

WHERE ARE GUYS FROM?
We're from Danbury, Connecticut!

HOW DID YOU FORM?
We have been playing in bands together for about 4 or 5 years now. Members have come and gone, but we have stuck around.

HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH YOUR BAND NAME?
Thomas (guitar) - I was looking through Instagram one day and someone I follow happened to put up a picture of the London Eye and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

TELL US ABOUT YOUR NEW EP 'HABITS'...
Our new EP 'Habits' is our first release under London Eyes. All of the lyrics had a theme of drugs, relationships, and how sometimes a relationship can be a drug; addictive and unhealthy. The word 'Habits' came from our song 'My High' and we felt it was a perfect word to describe all five songs. Fun fact- While we were in the studio recording this EP, Georgia had absolutely no voice. Somehow she was able to muster up some sort of magic and pull it off regardless of the fact that she could barely say two words. In between every take, Georgia had to put Chapstick on, take a sip of tea and water, and she'd use a special something Rob gave her to clear her nose (NOT DRUGS).
Thomas- When I was writing the music for this EP, often times I would go on nice scenic drives to clear my head of anything unrelated to music. Lots of the riffs just ended up popping into my head, so I'd race back home to track them before I could forget them.
Georgia (vocals) - During the writing process I was in some sort of relationship that I couldn't understand. At times I found that I cared more about it than my significant other. This was really the inspiration behind my lyrics.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SONG FROM HABITS AND WHY?
Georgia-  'My High' is probably my favorite song (it's hard to pick just one) for a couple reasons. One is because the lyrics were just so raw--I don't think I wrote another draft for it--and it was also super cool having Matt Carlson sing on the track. When I hear that song it makes me want to cry...in a good way. The song is about forgetting the past, but no one ever really does forget. We all look back once in a while, and the song is a little reminder that it's okay to do that. Also, having Matt flown out to sing was something new and exciting for the band. It's always nice to have another vocal mixed in to add a little variety. And despite the fact that my voice was gone and I had to hit those low notes, I loved tracking it and I think it came out beautifully in the end.
Thomas- My favorite song has to be 'The Beggar and The Wall'. It starts off super intense and heavy with a serious rock mentality, but ends on a more subtle electronic note. While writing this song we really wanted to add something that people who listen to all styles of music could enjoy. The message behind it is something I think we all can relate to, which is no matter what you're doing and no matter where you'll end up, you know you want to be with that certain someone.

DESCRIBE YOUR SOUND FOR SOMEONE WHO'S NEVER HEARD YOUR MUSIC BEFORE...
Often times we are compared to bands like Tonight Alive, Flyleaf, Paramore.

DO YOU PREFER RECORDING OR PLAYING LIVE?
Georgia- I prefer recording because there's something special about being in that booth. Being the singer, I love hearing all the different harmonies come together--it's so powerful. And even when I'm not singing I get to just hang around the studio. It's like meditation almost, if that's not too cheesy.
Thomas- I prefer playing live. Being on stage and rocking out gives me such a high, nothing can really compare for me. When the crowd gets into the set it's even better; I just love feeding off their energy. Even playing a more intimate set where it's just Georgia's vocals and my guitar gives me a feeling unlike any other.


Habits is out now! Check it out below:


London Eyes' Facebook | Twitter Webpage 

No comments:

Post a Comment