Sunday 9 February 2014

A Day To Remember Postpone Show Due To Illness


Last night, A Day to Remember cancelled their show in Cardiff with Every Time I Die, Mallory Knox and The Story So Far due to illness. It appears that singer Jeremy Mckinnon has contracted a bacterial throat infection and was unable to perform. Read Jeremy's statement below: 

Let me start by saying I’m not sick with a cold or just feeling generally under the weather. I woke up barely being able to speak. I then spent the entire day trying different warm ups/techniques people do to try and fight these kind of ailments. I kept trying and felt like I was making some slight progress right up until you guys were told we were postponing the show. I saw a doctor at 6:30pm the soonest we could find one on a Saturday and she told me I have a bacterial throat infection that could get worse if I didn’t take care of it. Getting worse isn’t just me getting more sick, it could mean doing permanent damage to my voice. The last thing we wanted was to cancel tonight. We’d been looking forward to it for weeks and it was one of our best selling shows ever. All I can say is I apologize and did everything I could to play tonight. This is our 11th year as a band and the first time we’ve ever canceled a show for illness. Hopefully you guys can understand and we will see you again when we reschedule this thing. Thanks for your continued support.
-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment